University of Tulsa Campus Security Officers were dispatched to LaFortune Hall to investigate a possible fire alarm. Upon arrival, Officers made contact with a student who stated they put a rice bag in the microwave that started smoking. Officers cleared the alarm and advised the student to keep their windows open until the smoke clears. The Tulsa Fire Department was contacted but their assistance was cancelled.
- Reported: February 25, 2019 at 1:40 am
- Occurred: February 25, 2019 at 1:40 am
- Location: LaFortune Hall
- Disposition: Administratively cleared. A copy of this report has been forwarded to Housing, the Physical Plant and Student Affairs for their review.